Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Magic

My eyes went blind with tears
Of not pain
Of not loss
Neither joy
Nor fear
But by the memory of those years

Clinging to the tip of my father's robe,
Wandering around farms,
Upon yellow hills,
Through sea and heavy mist.
On and On.
Singing our own song...

When a secret sip of his mead,
Or to kill a game by his blade,
Were the innocent dreams i relished to aim.

Tonight,
When sorrow becomes my shadow,
And grief makes it hard to swallow.
A walk down the line,
Of a life left so far behind,
Feels like heavenly dew,
flowing down the desert of my throat.
Such is the MAGIC,
My childhood has bestowed.

3 comments:

Abhinav Maurya said...

Absolutely beautiful. Nostalgia deserves something like this.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sgcray said...

Its an amazing poem. Remembering the memories of the road not travelled can be quite overwhelming, specially when that is the path which was close to our heart.